ENAIRE is the manager of air navigation in Spain
The Public Corporate Entity ENAIRE, which is attached to the Ministry of Public Works, manages air transit control, aeronautical information and the communication, navigation and surveillance networks required so that airlines and their aircraft can fly safely, smoothly and in an orderly manner through Spanish airspace.
In compliance with Law 09/2010, ENAIRE is the company designated by the State to provide air transit services in the en route and approach phases.
It provides its air navigation services using the following equipment items and facilities:
- 5 control centres.
- 22 control towers.
- 136 radio aids supporting navigation en route.
- 50 radio aids providing guidance at airports.
- 49 en route surveillance systems, in airport proximities and on the ground at airfields.
- 18 communications centres to cover Ground/Ground and Ground/Air communications.
- 83 communications nodes for data transmissions.
ENAIRE is at the cutting edge in research and technology in its sector worldwide and plays an outstanding and active role in all European Union projects to do with the Single Sky.
ENAIRE performs the following air navigation functions:
- The planning, management, co-ordination, operating, preservation and administration of air traffic, telecommunications services and aeronautical information as well as infrastructures, facilities and communications networks for the air navigation system. The aim is to ensure that the aircraft moving around Spanish airspace obtain the utmost security, fluidity, efficiency and punctuality.
- The preparation and approval of various types of project, as well as the implementation and management of investment control.
- The evaluation of the needs and proposals for new infrastructures, as well as possible modifications to airspace planning.
- Participation in specific aeronautical training and subject to the awarding of official licences.
These services are provided from the five Air Navigation Regional Directorates: Centro Norte, Este, Canaria, Sur and Baleares, with headquarters located respectively in the Air Traffic Control Centres of Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Gran Canaria, and the terminal area control centre of Palma de Mallorca.
Aeronautical information updates:More innovations >
Download Air Navigation charges.