More effective radar monitoring for the air controller.
The iFOCUCS project description
Since 1999, all ENAIRE Control Centre TMAs have operated with UCS FOCUCS. The deployment of UCS FOCUCS finalised in all RUTA control branch offices in 2002. The FOCUCS Control Position has enabled the functional evolution of the SACTA system in recent years, with relevant changes to the HMI and form of operation for the controller, to take place with guarantees. The evolution of the SACTA III system includes advanced operations and functions from SACTA 3.5 for RUTA and TMA, such as:
- Management of Planned / Authorised Flight Levels and Speed Restrictions through the Radar label.
- Co-ordination and Transfer Functions via System.
- New Radar Label and New Flight Plan Tables.
- Help function for managing arrivals – Arrival Manager (AMAN).
- The SAFETY – NETS level 1 functions have been completed (NTZ Alerts, Short Term Conflict Alerts for TMA, Minimum Altitude Alerts, Short Term Alerts on Danger Zones).
- Greater Integration of Meteorological and Aeronautical Information (Special Areas Presentation).
The evolution of the SACTA System as set out in the ATM Systems Plan, in the framework of SACTA 3 and SACTA 4, will include functions and tools to develop a SACTA 4 operation concept based on:
- An advanced level operation without paper slips (OSF), with greater interaction with the system, work on traffic labels, entry, pending and departure tables, and the availability of pseudo-runways.
- AGDL (Air Ground Data Link).
- AMAN (Arrival Manager).
- MTCD (Medium-Term Conflict Detection/em>) Tactical and What-if.
- Advanced surveillance information (S-Mode, ADS B).
- Multi-Sector Planner.
- Voice communications system integrated in the Control Position HMI (access to SCV through traffic labels, sectors).
In order to make the SACTA 4 concept operable, and specifically with the inclusion in SACTA – iTEC 4.2 of the tactical MTCD, the SACTA control position must be evolved, fundamentally providing an increased visualisation area. Because of this:
- The iFOCUCS Control Position will respond to the optimal ergonomic conditions for the workplace, and the needs arising from the SACTA 4 operation concept. It will enable high configurability and adaptation of the position interface, will increase the system's display area, will use new user interaction methods and will improve the location, quality and strength of audio generation.
- It will consider and include the needs for integrating the voice communications system being developed within the framework of the COMETA projects (COMunicaciones Voz IP IntEgradas en SACTA, or integrated voice IP communications), including Last Resort Radio and Telephony.
- It will also consider the integration of auxiliary information of relevance to the controller, such as warnings, messages or maps, enabling their immediate dissemination and availability.
- The evolution of the Control Position will also enable other limitations inherent to UCS FOCUCS to be overcome. Operations in the present UCS FOCUCS are carried out according to the configuration of the Executive role, Planner or Integrated in either of the two positions it offers. However, the Monoposition concept with the current UCS FOCUCS does not permit the availability of two Monoposition posts. The iFOCUCS Control Position will apply the Monoposition concept.
- From the point of view of SW components, the iFOCUCS Control Position will consider and allow a future SW redesign to eliminate the technological limitations of the present SW architecture and integrate new data input/output technology.
- The iFOCUCS Control Position will respond to a decrease in manufacturing, installation and maintenance costs.
Aeronautical information updates:More innovations >
Download air navigation charges guide.