One of ENAIRE’s priorities is to ensure that the evolution of the air navigation system responds to service needs and European regulatory requirements. To that end we optimise our aeronautical communication systems by modernising our infrastructures and associated procedures.
ENAIRE is the European and world leader in the digitisation of voice communication systems, progressively rolling out a new system which harnesses internet protocol (IP) across all en route/TMA control centres and all of the control towers that we manage.
This technological advance entails an increase in operational capabilities and safety as well as improved efficiency in the technical exploitation of the system.
At ENAIRE we have a network of ground-air communication centres that provide radio coverage across most of the airspace and a nodes architecture in the Air Navigation Data Network (ANDN) for ground-ground voice and data communications of air navigation applications.
These systems service all control tower and approach positions and en route control positions, supporting the totality of data communications involved in air traffic management.
ENAIRE also technically and operatively manages the ATS Message Handling System (AMHS), a single in-out point of aeronautical information (flight plans, NOTAMs and meteorological data).
Finally, with regards new communication services in the short and medium term, ENAIRE is actively engaged in the datalink implementation project which will improve pilot-controller transmission safety and power more fluid operations.
With all of this infrastructure and the personnel responsible for its installation and maintenance, ENAIRE provides the following communication services:
- Data communication services for air navigation and operational voice applications for air traffic management.
- Ground-air and ground-ground communications equipment and systems renewal processes including control centre and control tower voice communications.
- Air-navigation data network evolution projects.
- Verification and guaranteeing of ground-air communications coverage and radio spectrum management.
- Projects involving the evolution of ATIS/VOLMET meteorological data systems.
- Actions related to the datalink service.